As I mentioned in my previous post I have started a 60 day cleanse. The cleanse comes with a supplement protocol that helps remove the body of toxins and other nasties during this period however does not have a specific dietary protocol.
Whilst I believe that this cleanse is very effective in removing any fungal and parasite infections, my research has also led me to believe that nutritional support in cleansing is super powerful. So I am teaming my cleanse with an anti – fungal diet from the book The Fungal Link by Doug Kaufmann. The book explains in detail how common fungal infections are in modern day society. It also explains how powerful they can be. In my previous post I outline some of the more common side effects. In order to remove them effectively you really need to “starve” them. Sugar and carbohydrate allow the yeast and fungus to proliferate and so these foods need to be eliminated entirely for a period of at least 21 days. I will be following this part of the diet for 30 days.
The following foods are to be consumed freely
– Organic and free range meat, seafood and poultry
– Raw nuts including pecans, walnuts, cashews and pumpkin seeds.
– Most above ground vegetables
– Limited fruit – berries, green apples, lemons, limes, fresh coconut, avocado
– Some dairy – butter, yoghurt, unsweetened whipping cream, real sour cream
– herbal teas, bottled/filtered water, freshly pressed vegetable juices
– Apple cider vinegar
– Olive, grape, flax seed and cold pressed coconut oil
– Sweeteners – stevia & xylitol
Now for what must be eliminated
– Sugars – all sugars except for those mentioned above including artificial sweeteners
– Fruit – most fruit except those mentioned above
– Dairy – milk, cheeses, sweetened yoghurts etc
– Coffee, tea, sodas, caffeinated beverages
– Vegetables – mushrooms, corn, potatoes & legumes (peas & beans)
– Grains – including pasta, bread, gluten free products, rice, corn, amaranth, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, oats and barley
– Yeast – alcohol, bread, mushrooms
– Vinegars – pickles, salad dressings, green olives, soy sauce
– Oils – partially hydrogenated oils, corn and peanut oil
– Nuts – peanuts (not really a nut, a legume) & all peanut products, pistachios
Today is day 10 and I have already noticed a LOT of improvements – I am sleeping longer and more soundly, awaking even more refreshed. My digestion and elimination has improved and I am no longer craving sweet things after my meals.
In coming posts I will share some “cleanse friendly” recipes.
Feel free to comment with any questions you might have. xx