With the cost of living becoming higher by the day for everyone, I thought I’d share my top 5 tips to get healthier on a budget. Getting or staying healthy doesn’t have to cost a fortune, in fact, some small budget modifications can actually have a significant impact on your physical health. Below are my top 5.
1. Cook at home – all restaurants use industrial seed oils, from expensive to cheap so avoiding restaurants is a great way to save money and also prevent exposure to toxic fats. Most restaurants are also liberal with fat and gluten.
2. Make large dinners so you have leftovers for lunch. Another great way to save loads of money is to eat leftover dinner for lunch the next day. As always, you’ll also be avoiding toxic seed oils and other nasties
3. Avoid takeaway lattes and flat whites. Most people I know opt for dairy free milky coffees these days, mostly almond or oat milk. Avoiding these toxic dairy alternatives will save you hundreds of dollars pretty easily.
4. Use your slow cooker. Meat is definitely the most expensive component of any meal but some of the cheaper cuts of meat are absolutely amazing if cooked low and slow in a slow cooker. Cuts like beef blade or chuck are delicious options to choose if you are on a budget.
5. Walk, walk, walk. One of the most underrated forms of healthy movement for weight loss is walking and it’s absolutely free. Aiming for about 10,000 steps per day is the cheapest way to support healthy metabolic function without paying a fortune for a gym membership.
Let me know in the comment section below if you have any other great tips for staying healthy on a budget, or even better, some amazing cheap slow cooker recipes!
Much love, Sarah x